Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > The Physical Temple > Vibrational Medicine

Vibrational Medicine Healing with crystals, flower essences, colour , scent, touch and sound

Old 05-16-10   #1
Sacred
Forever changing...

Default Nola is sick, but I don't know what with!

The past 3 days she's been very fussy and her head is hot. She is not running a fever, but I know something is bothering her. Maybe teething? Does that cause a hot head, I heard recently that was a myth. Is it an ear infection? I don't see how... she's not pulling at her ears or anything.

Or does she have allergies?? That is the only thing I found online for red/watery eyes, runny nose, hot head and no fever.

Just want to make sure she's not dying

Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10   #2
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Nola is sick, but I don't know what with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
The past 3 days she's been very fussy and her head is hot. She is not running a fever, but I know something is bothering her. Maybe teething? Does that cause a hot head, I heard recently that was a myth. Is it an ear infection? I don't see how... she's not pulling at her ears or anything.

Or does she have allergies?? That is the only thing I found online for red/watery eyes, runny nose, hot head and no fever.

Just want to make sure she's not dying
What are you feeding her?
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10   #3
Falling Star

Sending out lots of love and healing energy. Hope she is herself again soon Sacred. (hugs for you and Nola).xx

*We are spiritual beings on a human journey, and not Human beings on a spiritual journey*

*We find the path of wisdom, along the trail of tears*

*Sisterhood of Isis*
Falling Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10   #4
Cloaked Raven
Resident Nutcase

*HUGS* I hope she's better very soon.

Cloaked Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10   #5
Sacred
Forever changing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
What are you feeding her?
Um, just normal food? LOL! Whatever we eat... local cow meat, chicken, veggies, fruits, grains and breastmilk.

Thanks FS & CR

Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #6
Raven Tracks

What Petrus was probably getting at is that it could be a food allergy, particularly if there's something new, or a different brand than usual (different brands=different ingredients, and different ways of treating the packaging even, that some people can react to). But people, particulary young children, can develop food sensitivities quite suddenly, or it can be a cumulative thing.

Like I can eat a certain amount of wheat symptom free, but after that I start having joint problems and mood issues.

Wheat or grains are common allergens.

But in order to know for certain, you'd either have to do an elimination diet or get her tested at a Dr.

And as I know from my issue with wheat, sometimes there are false negatives, and you really are allergic or sensitive to something even though the test says you're not.

I know this is an old thread, but if she's still having issues, check other things, too. It could be simply pollen, a pet.

Could be scented products: Perfumes, new soap, air fresheners, detergents.

Could be bug spray.

Could be mold.

Could be whatever her mattress is stuffed with. Kapoc is a plant based fiber frequently used as mattress stuffing. Guess what my mattress was stuffed with as a kid? Guess who had chronic bronchitis and had to have an inhaler until we finally figured out that it was the mattress contributing to the problem (I also had a milk allergy, mold, and dust mite allergy, so there was never a definable pattern since there were so many things)?

Also, if she has chronic ear infections, first thing you want to try is cutting milk out and just giving her a chewable calcium supplement. Milk is a common allergen amongst children and does cause chronic ear infections, and sometimes permanent damage (hole in the eardrum for me, which eventually healed, but it still itches and twinges from time to time...).

Hope she's feeling better though and that none of this ends up being relevant.
Raven Tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #7
Tuathasidhe

I hope she is feeling better soon.

I would take her to the dr. My son doesnt show signs of ear infections until he is runny a very high fever and its a very very bad infection. He doesnt pull at his ears or anything either.
Tuathasidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #8
Luna

I've apparently caught some kind of virus. I don't always have a fever and when I do it's only a degree or so. Started with vomiting, then my chest was very tight, and now it's coming out my bowels. It may or may not be going the rounds there, just saying it depends on what time of day I take my temperature where I show a fever or not. If you call your doctor's office, they usually know if something is going around and what you should do to make her more comfortable.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #9
Raven Tracks

For the record, this is a somewhat old thread, dates back to May, so I doubt anything is going on, but posted just in case,

Just doing thread necromancy....
Raven Tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #10
Luna

Totally missed the dates - but I have an excuse. I'm sick, I'm running a fever, I'm running to the bathroom.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote