Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity > GLBTIQA

GLBTIQA Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender issues and discussions.

Old 01-06-13   #1
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Default On a scale of 1 to 10...

On a scale of one to ten, where One is totally heterosexual and 10 is totally homosexual; where would you place yourself?

I'm in a relationship with a woman now but I still consider myself completely bisexual so I will give myself a 5.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #2
Nightshade_Blooms
Wishing

Default Re: On a scale of 1 to 10...

I still believe it's possible to fall for anyone, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, but in the long-run I just can't see myself with a man. Just not interested in them.
Old 01-06-13   #3
feranaja

One. But I could happily live in a celibate relationship with a woman, if we were deeply compatible, cared about the same things and it was generally healthy. Lots of celibate couples and on that level, I'd be emphasizing harmony, respect, shared things way way WAy over the fact I'm not in the least attracted to women sexually.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #4
PrincessKLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
On a scale of one to ten, where One is totally heterosexual and 10 is totally homosexual; where would you place yourself?

I'm in a relationship with a woman now but I still consider myself completely bisexual so I will give myself a 5.

I say I'm a one or two on the Kinsey's scale of 0-6, and probably on a scale of 1-10, probably 3-4. I don't think that will ever change for me.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #5
DonelleBeira

Having never heard of the Kinsey scale, I went searching and found it, took the test, and got this score -

The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

LMAO

To answer the question of the OP - 2

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #6
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I'd set myself around a 3-4. The idea of being with a woman is not totally a crazy one to me, but I think I would ultimately have a greater longing for a man in my life. It's hard to tell because all my relationships prior to this point have been with a guy, so I don't know how I'd feel about being in a relationship with a woman that way. If it makes sense, my attraction to women seems to have a stronger base in the physical than my attraction to men does.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #7
PrincessKLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
Having never heard of the Kinsey scale, I went searching and found it, took the test, and got this score -

The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.

LMAO

To answer the question of the OP - 2

Do you have a link, I want to try that test.
Old 01-06-13   #8
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I am not sexually attracted to women, but I find them attractive, I will look to see how they dress, hair, make-up, mannerisms, how they dress for their body types, etc...so far I am sexually attracted to men, I also find some men attractive, I look at them almost the same way, except, there is that sexual attraction. I have had women say they were attracted to me,physically, but I just didn't feel the same as when I am with a man, physically. I hope that makes sense. I do believe that there is much more to us as physical attraction, the soul is probably the main attraction, and then it would not really matter what that person is male or female.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Last edited by Brigidrose; 01-06-13 at 03:19 PM.
Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #9
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Probably around a 3 -- I'm a straight, heterosexual male who wouldn't be adverse to meeting a transsexual woman; i.e. if I met a lovely woman whom I found beautiful, and once we got to that point, discovered they were packing heat, I wouldn't necessarily be offended. I've never been there nor done that, but I have to consider it on the scale.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13   #10
PrincessKLS

I'm kind of iffy about getting involved with transsexuals myself. I figure if I ever do, it might make me technically pansexual but anyway....